Falling Weight Deflectometer
The Falling Weight Deflectometer (FWD) simulates wheel load to evaluate the structural condition of pavements. The measuring principle of the FWD consists of a dynamic load pulse which replicates a heavy goods vehicle. The load force is transferred through a circular plate, which rests on the surface being tested. Deflection sensors measure the deformation of the pavement in response to the load.
FWD testing is a non-destructive and fully automated process. Analytical software helps determine the stiffness, residual life and maintenance plan for the pavement.
QRoad uses Dynatest equipment and offers a team of highly experienced operators. As a result, we can guarantee optimal service for every job.
Main features of our FWDs
- Best method for determining the structural condition of roads
- Applicable to all sorts of pavements
- Determines the layer of failure of a pavement
- Provides accurate, reproducible and repeatable data
- Realtime data monitoring
- High daily production
- Applicable worldwide
- QRoad guarantees continuous quality through calibration, service and well trained operators